Read recent updates about our work below. Read, listen to, and watch media stories about Tara Health’s work here.
- The evidence is clear: Workplaces are critical to women’s health and well-being. One of the five dimensions of a woman’s life that is critical to her flourishing, revealed in The XX Factor, is economic empowerment. And, we know from the research in Four for Women: A Framework for Evaluating Companies’ Impact on the Women They Employ that the four critical factors that positively impact female employees are representation, pay, health, and satisfaction. With growing evidence and need, Tara Health is taking action and investing in data, products, and new ideas…and through a new workstream: Equitable Workplaces. Read the full October 2019 update from Tara Health’s Founder & President, Ruth Shaber.
- In early October, Equileap released their 2019 Gender Equality Global Report & Ranking. The annual report presents the world’s top 100 companies and key findings per theme, country and sector. These rankings are used by many including investors wanting to align their capital with their values. Through their data, Equileap seeks to close the gender gap by promoting corporate transparency and investment in gender equality.
- Watchdog group Equity Forward’s report, released in August 2019, calls on large corporations to stop funding legislators that have supported restrictive abortion legislation in a number of U.S. states. The report calls on these companies to pull this funding and instead make comparable donations to organizations supporting access to reproductive healthcare to support their workforce. See the report Funding the Bans, A Look at Major Corporations Funding the Lawmakers Behind State Abortion Bans and Forbes article.
- Systems Mapping as a Tool for Systems Change in Gender Finance, Medium, 2018. “If you want to change a system, you first need to understand how it works: who the players are, what the obstacles to change are, and where the opportunities and leverage points lie. That’s why, along with Tara Health Foundation’s Ruth Shaber and Nexial’s Marshall Clemens and Alexandra Kanitz, we co-created the Gender Finance Ecosystem Map.”
- The U.S. Reproductive Health Investment Case was shared with 75+ national experts in reproductive health and impact investing at a day-long convening in San Francisco. This report, commissioned by the Reproductive Health Investors Alliance Steering Committee, is a detailed landscape analysis of reproductive health needs in the U.S. View a slideshow of photos (right) from the event. Read more about the Reproductive Health Investors Alliance which launched the year following the release of the report.